What I need from you:
- Your text document, in .doc, .docx or .rtf format, fully spell-checked and proofread unless you plan to order that service from me
- Exact title (and subtitle, if applicable) and author name (or pen name, however it should appear)
- Up to five black & white images to include in the text if desired, and any color artwork you’d like to use on the cover, at least 300dpi, in .jpg, .tif or .png format. (If you do not have cover artwork ready, I can help you find public domain images and/or can purchase stock photos for an additional cost.)
- A blurb which will go on the back cover, describing the book
- An “about the author” description, if desired (can be placed in interior and/or back cover)
- If using your own “publisher” imprint, the name and logo
- Any preferences regarding general style, cover image, book size, choice of glossy or matte cover, choice of cream or white paper
- And of course, payment of the appropriate amount (see Place an Order for pricing details).
- NOTE: If your book has unusual formatting needs, such as extensive footnotes, languages other than English, specific poetic forms, etc., if it has more than 175,000 words or fewer than 20,000 words, if you have more than five interior images or wish to discuss a full-color interior, please contact me so I can give you a custom quote.
What you will receive from me:
- Print-ready PDF file for interior text block (plus editable Word file of same)
- Print-ready PDF file for full cover spread (plus original PNG/JPG file) and smaller image of front cover suitable for promotional purposes
- One set of revisions included in price
- For additional cost: all files necessary to upload an e-book version for Kindle
- For additional cost: WordPress site set up to match your book’s design, which you can keep as a static promotional website and/or use as a blog.
- For additional cost: Thorough copyediting of your book, checking for spelling, grammar, punctuation, consistency, etc.
- Once I receive your payment, file(s) and other information requested above, I will ask any necessary questions and start work. I may also check in with you during the process as I choose cover images and stylistic elements.
- I will send the completed files for interior and cover to you by email within 3 weeks. If you request revisions, or if you also order an e-book and/or website, these will take an additional 1-3 weeks. Copyediting service generally takes 1-2 weeks, depending on length. If you have specific deadlines, please let me know before ordering to confirm my availability.
- If desired, I will give you some pointers on getting an account set up and your files uploaded through the Createspace system (and Kindle, if selected). Createspace will assign you an ISBN. You will need to order a proof copy to examine, but otherwise there is no upfront cost to use their services.
- If you purchase only the basic design package, you can always add the e-book and/or website options at a later date. However, copyediting should be purchased at the same time as, or before, the package, as it needs to be the first step in the process.